Tuesday, April 10, 2007

It's Been a Hard Day's Night...

It's Spring....technically, anyway! (just returned from visiting the in-laws in south-west Virginia - where it dropped to 16 degrees -with two inches of snow!)

I've been AWOL for the last month - buried in a growth phase - and yes, growth IS another word for crisis! I've been organizing, reading and planning. Creativity starts with organization for me - getting the daily routine of cleaning, cooking and homeschooling underway allows me the freedom to reach for more!

I always begin with books - they're friends, mentors and cheerleaders. I just found a newly published gem, "Mommy Millionaire" by Kim Lavine, president of Green Daisy, Inc. We were in the middle of our 13 hour return journey, and had stopped at our favorite rest place, "Books-A-Million". I had gathered several books to peruse while our three young ones were gleefully gathering a pile of reading material in the kid's section. I had just put down one woman's business success story with a sigh, telling my husband it was another "guts to glory" book that pushed attitude but gave no details. "It would be worth the cost of a book in a heartbeat to get ACTUAL information and websites about where and how to manufacture an idea!" And then I picked up "Mommy Millionaire" and just about turned to the page LISTING the exact information I had just asked for! SOLD!

I just finished reading the book - and am still sold! Her story - and her "Wuvits" are great - but she goes well beyond her tale and tells others exactly what they need to do to follow their own dream! Well done, "Wuvit Wady"! I hope she eventually adds a newsletter or blog for updates!

Now...time to plan the weekly menu and grocery list...and get the kids to pick up their STUFF! {{sigh}}

Happy Spring!

No comments: