Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Camping for Couch Potatoes!

For those of you who would rather read a good book than leave the house - take note! We, the famous (infamous?) Bubble Family, survived AND enjoyed our first camping trip!

The tent, newly purchased for the event, was a tad disappointing. Really rotten assembling instructions, and when we finally figured it out we realized it was MUCH smaller than we expected. Two of my kids ended up happily sleeping in the attached (but floorless) screen room, so all was well.

I was so proud of myself when I called my husband that evening. "We got the tent set up - by ourselves, I built a fire AND I just cooked hot dogs and salmon over the fire. Let's face it - I ROCK!!!"

We went swimming the next day and had a fantastic time - until my 5 year old disappeared. Again. He has this thing.....if he doesn't see me he picks a direction and BOLTS as fast as he can. Luckily this time he was wearing a lime green floatie. I ran to the life guard - who already had him corraled - all the way at the other end of the beach. Did I mention he runs - fast???

Rucka rucka rucka...

No comments: