Sunday, December 07, 2008

Knitting? Kno Problem!

Ok, here's the thing. It takes awhile for my talent to catch up with my imagination. (think...millennium) I can visualize something quite clearly - producing it...well, that's another story.

Case in point: I have been actively attempting to knit a baby hat and kimono for my nephew's new son. I've been working for over a month, the baby arrived yesterday. There's a small caveat - I don't knit. Well, I've made lumpy scarves - but that's it.

No matter. THIS child would have something lovingly created by my own hands. I was in California in September, saying goodbye to this child's grandfather, my brother. David succumbed to the cancer invading his body just a week later. This child will carry my brother's name - and his heart. I'm so very, very happy about that.

But...I still need to finish the kimono. I did manage to learn how to knit in the round (on four needles!) and made a darn cute baby hat! The first two went to my girls - they would only fit dolls. (I'm hoping this babe's head isn't overly large!)It's the kimono that's giving me issues. It didn't help that last night the dog splashed my "It's a boy" glass of celebratory wine onto the unfinished garment. My wonderful husband helped me get out the stains - through my sobs. (note to self: don't knit and drink - I had to remake the top of the baby hat for that very reason!)

So....It's only halfway done - the easy half. I'm not sure I even understand the directions for finishing the neckline - let alone have the talent to carry it off.

I WILL finish - and it WILL fit! Right??????

Namaste.

No comments: