Saturday, December 06, 2008

The Un-Runner has been Sighted!

It's been a long time....getting from there to here! (from the title song of Enterprise, in case you wondered)

I've been pretty busy lately - but not on the Un-Runner blog! Sorry! My writing workload has been focused on www.MidShoreLife.com - our new website for promoting life on the Mid-Shore! Please check it out - we're really working hard on getting it together!

On the homefront - we have eggs! Five of our eight chickens have found there place in the universe - and the others are taunted daily with the promise of "Chicken & Dumplings"! Our eggs are mostly shades of brown, with an occasional green egg from one of our Americana hens! The hens are a hoot - they follow us around the yard, pecking at our shoes. Sometimes they gang up on the back porch and start screaming for corn. I'm giving them vegetable scraps & bread crusts along with the corn as treats - but they really prefer the corn!

Now....about the eggs. I've been buying free range organic eggs from the Amish Market. I really didn't think our eggs would taste any differently. I was wrong.

O.M.G.!!! I had NO idea eggs could taste this good! Maybe because they free range in our back yard? The yolks are dark orange red - cheddar cheese pales in comparison.They really are incredible! I had no idea. I'm SO glad we got chickens!

Who knew?

I'll still be posting family stuff on this site - but please, please, PLEASE check out www.MidShoreLife.com frequently - most of my non-personal musings will be on there!

Thank you - and Enjoy!

Namaste!

No comments: