Sunday, January 04, 2009

It's a Brand New Year!

There's nothing like a new year to have you scribbling away madly at goals and to-do lists! I always feel like I'm torn in so many directions at once; how do I juggle homemaking, homeschooling, extended family, writing, business goals, creative projects, errands, non-profit commitments and friends into something that occasionally works??? Oh wait - I forgot home maintenance and renovation! (and probably at least 20 more "hot" topics that require my attention!)

For housecleaning, there's Flylady & Motivated Moms that provide me with daily lists of things to accomplish. There's also the time commitment of assigning the kids rotating chores - then making sure they actually do them! For homeschooling I've devised my own schedule of activities - but they tend to take a LOT longer to muddle through than I'd like! How many hours does it take to do two pages of math, anyway! The errands just fall where they will - but they almost always take an entire day! (by the time I have to drive an hour to get anywhere - I try to get the most bang for my gasoline!)

Let's not forget COOKING! One must figure out WHAT's for dinner, assemble the ingredients, cook the food, then deal with clean-up, leftovers and complaints from small people who hate onions and mushrooms. Even though they ate onions and mushrooms two days ago, without pause.

Then we get to the tricky stuff - 1)earning money and 2)fulfilling lifelong goals & dreams. If you work someplace other than the home your tasks are separate and distinct. If you need to find time, place & brain power to accomplish this amidst kids & chaos, things get more complicated. I'm still trying to figure out a reasonable schedule & to-do list that incorporates business into 24/7 kids.

And then there's your lifetime goals - which get more urgent as more birthdays creep along. For me - writing. And publishing. When do I do this? And is this more or less important than the business goals which actually feed our family?

I've decided that 2009 will be the year of abundance - the year of the Midas Touch. The year that everything I dedicate my time and energies to will bring forth fruit - and success. I'm done spinning my wheels - it's time to burn rubber and move!

Therefore, this year's blog will help me - and you - find methods that allow us to live the lives we imagine - filled with purpose, abundance, love and joy!

And so here's to 2009 - and US!

Namaste!

No comments: