Monday, September 25, 2006

A change of scenery...

Sorry for the lapse folks....I had an incredibly busy AND productive week - then collapsed Friday afternoon - and didn't feel better until Sunday. I did manage a run yesterday, though - on my own. I ran into our nearest town, visited a friend briefly, than pretty much walked home. I think it was around 8 miles - I'll have to check with the car. It was a LOT more fun heading into town - and having a water stop. It was also MUCH better on my own - at my own pace. I felt like I was accomplishing something - and wasn't worried about my speed or keeping up with a group. I wonder if I'm better off on my own, rather than driving an hour each way to do the group runs???

I was planning on participating in my first 5K race on Saturday - but since I couldn't stand upright - I figured running was out. I'll have to find another one - but that shouldn't be difficult - it seems to be race season!

Now I'm back into the craziness of the week - and working hard at being productive. Ok, to be fair - at this point I'm still planning on being productive - the work hasn't actually started yet!

Did I mention how nice it was run/walking in the cool weather yesterday, enjoying the breeze and the scenery, without stressing myself out to do better? How delightful. I wonder if this is why people run?

2 comments:

Wes said...

I enjoy my runs the most when I am doing a long run at 13 or 14 minute miles. As your body gets into better shape, you will do better without even realizing, because the level of effort will be the same, but you will be going faster/stronger. Excellent job on the 8 miles....

Exam-exam-exam said...

Wow, you guys are really putting some effort and determination into running. I feel inspired by your blogs. I am a new blogger and a new runner. Currently I can run 1.25 miles, at ~15 min:( Not too good, yet but I hope to get better. Reading all your messages makes me wanna keep going.

Question...will this be your first 5k? I'm planning on doing one of Oct 22nd (my 1st). I don't know if I'll be ready, right now I feel tired and lacking energy. How do you know when you're ready?


Please feel free to visit my blog and leave some advice/critique:) If it's ok, I'd like to add this blog to my "Links" section.

Thanks and good luck with your training!

Kristina