Sunday, September 03, 2006

And the rains came tumbling down...

Wind....rain....flying tree limbs....driving rain.....wind making a 106 year old house whistle. Yup...that would be Ernesto!

I opted out the group run yesterday - couldn't face driving in the rain OR running in it! However....I went SEVEN MILES on the treadmill!!!!! Wahoo!!!! The first 2.5 miles were a struggle - than I hit my stride. It took a long time - but I got there and felt great!!! My left knee is a tad sore - why is it always the left side that hurts? Foot issue?

After the first few miles I settled into a 1 minute jog: 1 minute walk pattern. The two minutes running get to me after a while - but I can maintain the 1:1 ratio. I think I'll work on speed and increased ratios during the week - and then see what happens for the long run.

Seven miles.....WOW!!!! That's.......forever. (or almost!)

2 comments:

Wes said...

7 miles is tremendous!! Good for you! I applaud you for doing the Run/Walk thing too! You keep at it and do what is comfortable for you! You'll just keep getting better.

[rich] said...

A 7 miler on treadmill - good going! I bet you felt like you were flying when you got off :-D