Thursday, September 07, 2006

Uh-oh.

I've been on the run this entire day - but no actual running occurred. {{{sigh}}} Kids are finally in (or near) bed - and I'm working on materials for tomorrow's classes (teaching two classes to homeschoolers). Tried to buy some fudge for my kids at Baltimore's Inner Harbor - and the pushy saleswoman tried to guilt and manipulate me into buying more. Excuse me? And I didn't walk away - because my kids really wanted this fudge by now! But how dare someone encourage my kids to demand more???? Worse part - I was too tired to let her have it. I quietly told her she was about to lose any sale, and she eventually shut up - but I would have dearly loved to make a scene. {{{sigh}}}

And...just received an email from the Wellness Community. I was so happy about running 7 miles last Saturday - and planned to run 8-9 this week (can't make group run - have to work). Just found out they're planning on running 12 - 14 miles!!! I think they did 6 last time! I'm really apprehensive. First - I'll be alone. And second....from 7 to 12 miles???? That's really a jump. I just don't know.

Well, I survived taking 3 kids to the Inner Harbor alone - how bad can 12 miles be??? At least it will be child-free! I won't have time to do this until Sunday - so I can worry about for another 3 days!

Wow, I really shouldn't write when I'm this tired! Sorry, folks! I'll have better sentence structure next time!

2 comments:

Wes said...

Remember, 10% is a good safe number. You can always turn around early and let them pick you up on the way back!

[rich] said...

:-) yeah I wouldn't push it - 10% is right. I didn't listen and ended up with a month out and now have to run with custom orthotics :-/

This is a good read:

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/LearningCenter/Training/ProbSol.html

Ps well done on keeping the pace going - it's tough but great :-P