Tuesday, July 25, 2006

All those in Favor of an air-conditioned Marathon...

July 4, 2006

Just did my first walk/jog out of doors. Sun…..hot! Think there’s any chance they’d move the marathon to a nice air conditioned mall? And let us use scooters???

I did almost two miles – I’m not exactly sure of the distance. I did 5 different sprints between telephone poles – now I need to find out how far apart those suckers are!

I must say…I now understand why my old goals of “getting into shape” or “losing weight” did not keep me motivated. I have to tell you – I’d just as soon NOT be in great shape if this is the price I have to pay. It’s just not enough motivation for me.

Cancer, however, is more motivating for me. I visualize that by pushing myself to run to the next telephone pole, I’m fighting cancer. It works. I keep moving.

No comments: