Tuesday, July 25, 2006

It's Official!

Wow, a LOT's been going on!

Let's see....I officially signed up with The Strides for Hope Marathon - Jamaica, here I come! Of course, between getting ready to go 26 miles, going 26 miles, and recovering from going 26 miles - I'm not sure I'll be seeing much of Jamaica!

I also got the fundraising webpage organized today! It will still be tweaked some, I'm sure - but the basic stuff is there. Check it out at www.firstgiving.org/neversettle

I haven't had a good run since Saturday - although I did have a fun new experience...trail running! We took the kids to Tuckahoe Park, and hiked/ran through the Lake Trail to the Cherry Road Playground. We all had a great time! I really prefer trail running to road running. Softer ground, SHADE, and much more interesting! If I can get my speed up, I could run and the kids could take bikes. Wait, Gabe's bike is a tagalong behind mine or John's. Maybe I need one of those rickshaw's they use in Asia? Yeah, I'd be hauling three kids behind me in a New York minute.

At any rate, I actually opened up and ran for all I was worth for a short distance - it was fantastic! I wasn't even particularly out of breath! Of course, I did have to cut short my run the next day, cause my head hurt and my knees ached. Sooooo...maybe it wasn't a particularly good idea. Especially because I was wearing my old sneakers, not my new running shoes. (Too $$$$ to get them muddied up!)

I also got my blog set up, and transferred my old files to it.

Mind you...NONE of these things were on my official to-do list today. But...they suddenly seemed....important.

No comments: