Tuesday, July 25, 2006

This is starting to feel GOOD!

July 20, 2006

I went 3 miles in 45 minutes today! Hooray! And….I feel GREAT! Bring it on! I can do ANYTHING!!!

I’m going to the library today, to get some books on running. (I’m a book nut from waaaay back!)

I still have to start running outside – apparently the treadmill does not prepare you completely. I’ll have the group run on Saturdays (an hour drive away), I think I’ll negotiate with my husband to go running early 1 -2 mornings a week. He’s training for a bike marathon, so he rides before work. He also works late – and I have 3 young children 24/7. Year round, since we homeschool. They are ages 4, 7 and 8. Old enough not to need me every minute, but not nearly old enough to leave unattended. I want to see if the local high school has a track. I could practice, and they could play. It would be a boring run – AND difficult to get the kids fed and out of the house early enough to miss the heat – but the idea has possibilities.

Ooops, time’s a wasting. Have to get to work.

No comments: