Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Granny Shuffle

July 3, 2006

Well, so far this morning I feel – and am walking – like Grandma Moses. Who knew one day of exercise would cause my hips to file an injunction against me??? I don’t think the fast walking did this – I do walk more or less regularly. I think the increased strain of jogging caused the knee and hip pain. Why do people choose to run? Do I really want to do this???

Gee, talking of quitting so soon! No pain, no gain…….right? After I take care of the kids and the house I’ll walk again, maybe that will loosen up my joints.

***********************

All right! I did 2 miles on the treadmill, mostly w/ a gentle incline, and even did some jogging for a minute and a half! I can do a brisk walk at 3.8 mph, and probably go for quite some time – but I’ll need to increase my speed to do the marathon. At least get my median speed to 5.2 mph – that will allow me to finish the marathon in 5 hours.

Now excuse me while I shuffle into the kitchen to fix dinner. Just call me grandma!

No comments: