Thursday, February 01, 2007

A Cup of Tea...



A friend and her children came over to play today. It was snowing slightly, and the children were giddy with excitement - not sure if the snow or the playmates tickled them more! I made lunch, Baked Pasta with Sausage, Tomatoes and Cheese, which was quite flavorful - and low in calories and fat. I'm really enjoying the recipes from Cooking Light.

A bit after lunch it was time for a cup of tea. My friend loves tea, but had never heard of my favorite company, Harney & Sons. I warned her that after experiencing the tea, she would instantly become a "tea snob" and want more. It happened. We enjoyed the last of my "Smokey Lapsang Souchong" then I showed her the Harney catalog. She's hooked. :) My favorite is "Sally's Secret", an Earl Grey mixed with rose hips. There's nothing like a good cup of tea and a good friend on a snowy day. Not even six children under the roof can diminish the pleasure! (well, ok - maybe a tad!)

The snow's gone, the friends are gone, the baked pasta and sausage dinner is almost gone. I have two kids in the tub, and another curled up on the couch, reading. Not a bad day.

Of course, homeschool co-op starts again tomorrow - and I still have to prepare for my classes. Also have to figure out if I'm going to the YMCA after co-op. We joined last night - so I have very little excuse for not getting into shape.

{{sigh}} This may call for yet another cup of tea....and perhaps some chocolate???

4 comments:

Wes said...

You've piqued my interest in other types of tea now :-) And I've always looked at that Cooking Light magazine, but I haven't bought one yet. Sounds like it has good stuff! I just wish I could get my recipes right the first time! LOL.

[rich] said...

Tea :-) love it! When we came over to Florida last year I hadn't thought about not getting tea...ekkk! could wait for a cuppa when I got back to the UK.

Faithful Soles said...

My name is Robert Key and I am a runner from Houston, Texas. I saw your blog listed when I was looking through the RBF directory and very much enjoyed reading some of your entries. I have a particularly soft spot in my heart for your blog title, having lost my mother to breast cancer in 2000, only 19 days prior to my running in my first Boston Marathon. I am grateful that I shared with her how much her battle inspired me in my running.

I have a web site at http://www.faithfulsoles.com that is inspirational stories for walkers, runners and athletes of all ages and abilities. A new feature I have recently added to the site is a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database where members of my site can find a blog of interest to them based on other walkers, runners or athletes of similar abilities, goals and interests. To my knowledge it is the only one of its kind specifically for walkers and runners on the internet. I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to put a link to your blog in our Running Blog Database. Just click on "Link your running blog" under "Free Features" from the home page. If you want to learn more about my running background, just click on "Meet Robert" from the main menu , or to learn more about my involvement in the running community, click on "Faithful Soles in the news" in the left column under "Weekly Features". I also have a blog that I just started at http://faithfulsoles.blogspot.com, but most of my running information is on my web site. Also, if there is anyone else in your blogger network that you think would be interested in listing their blog, please feel free to pass this information along to them. Thanks and continued good luck in your training.

Jason The Running Man said...

Great blog, found you off CRN. Keep Running and that pasta dish sounds amazing!