Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!


Valentine's Day is one of those weird holidays - at least to me. When I was unattached it served as a raw reminder that everyone ELSE was loved - but not me. The first few years of couplehood I reveled in V day - and we did cards and romance.

Then came children...1...2....3. (too MUCH romance, perchance???)

Valentines Day has calmed down. I did give [small] boxes of chocolate to the kids - and we'll be downloading and doing some Valentine's activities for "school" today. And I'm considering making biscotti or bread (in the shape of a heart??? awww) to take to John at work - but that may not happen. But that's it. No flowers from the gas station or a cutesy stuffed animal that sings and dances. That's just not us.

But John IS going to fix the the gaping spaces in the kitchen ceiling this weekend - we just figured out that they serve as a lovely wind tunnel when the gales turn artic. (actually, the kittens told us - by disappearing and ending up in an uninsulated storage room.) Yeah, we're not that bright, sometimes.

I must say...I'd MUCH rather have home repairs than chocolate. Besides, I can always buy myself chocolate - I can't hang drywall alone. But this isn't a Valentine's thing - although I'm taking his cheery attitude towards the weekend's adventure as the BEST present possible!

It's just life...and love.
And it's a 365 thing.
And...I like that!

No comments: