Monday, February 19, 2007

There was a (not quite yet) old woman, who lived in a shoe...

My children are now reading my "Cathy" cartoon books, as well as "Baby Blues" and "For Better or Worse" books. The books are scattered around the house, the car, in reading cubby's behind beds, and next to the bathtub. Don't get me wrong - I'm thrilled to find kids (ages 9, 7 & 5) ALL curled up with a book - but do they have to be MY BOOKS????? I don't mind when I find the 5 year old's "Captain Underpants" book crammed behind the toilet - but MY BOOKS????? How rude!

Did I mention I'm grouchy? Yup. As verified (or vilified) by my daughter, who just left in tears because I wasn't up for a FAMILY PROJECT night. Give me a break. The children have been tag-teaming me again - beginning 5 minutes after I get out of bed in the morning - whenever that may be. And since I exercised WITH them yesterday, I didn't get to stay home alone and work on my sanity. I love having a couple of hours alone to organize my thoughts, to write, to plan, to dream. Without it.....I GET CRANKY!!!!!! rucka rucka rucka... There are definite disadvantages to homeschooling.

On the upside - I actually exercised yesterday!!! Went to the Y and worked out on the machines, then did 30 minutes on the stationary bike before watching the kids in the pool. Wahoo! Of course, today I can't seem to STOP eating - so that probably negates yesterday's efforts. {{{sigh}}}

At least it's supposed to be over 50 degrees tomorrow - and the rest of the week. I'm very excited. Hopefully my hands and feet will thaw out and I'll actually get some work done! And...if it's warmer...I may be able to get up at 4am to write!

I wonder if Hemingway had these problems???

1 comment:

Wes said...

Hmmmm. I'm trying to remember if Hemingway wrote most of his stuff in that little house in the keys... If he did, I'm sure the cats kept him busy! Seems we may be over the worst of winter. Here's to warmer days, and a few hours of peaceful solitude!