Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The February Doldrums

I have no idea what it's like to live in a part of the world that has more consistent weather than the Mid-Atlantic states. It's 40F, no wait, now it's 2F, tomorrow it may be 60F.....AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

In a nutshell - we've all been sick. Well, with the exception of John. I'm not sure if it's because, as he believes, he refuses to be sick because he doesn't have the luxury of being sick, OR if it relates to the fact that he doesn't spend hours every day holding sick children.

I've re-learned something this week, however: snot makes me stupid. I was unable to type a decent sentence, or hold a thought long enough to share the information. A friend shared her recipe for "Tomato Tea", which was touted as the answer to head/sinus congestion. It was actually effective, if one took it often enough. I didn't. That stupid thing, again. Anyway, heat tomato juice/diluted tomato soup mixed with LOTS of crushed raw garlic, lemon juice and tabasco sauce. As much tabasco as you can stand. Not only does it relieve congestion - it also keeps the vampires at bay.

Happy sniffling!

No comments: