Saturday, August 19, 2006

And a jogger is born...

I went over 4 miles today! (we got mixed up and went a bit further than the allotted four miles) As I mentioned previously - I'm with the walking group. I walked the first 2 mile loop with them, then started a slow jog. One of the trainers joined me - and I jogged a LOT more than my norm! I still walked occasionally when my heart rate needed controlling, but I didn't walk long! It really was much easier with someone else next to me!

I felt great!
Then.

I noticed some muscle stiffness an hour after the run (and a mysterious sharp groin pain that thankfully hasn't reappeared) but nothing unusual. Finished my errands and arrived home three hours later - and am now moving like Grandma Moses! Nothing overly painful - but I start to jump up out of the chair - and nothing happens! "Oh yeah...slooowly does it!" The funny thing is....the aches make me smile!

No one warned me of these strange feelings. Hurting feels good??? And I must confess: I bought a Trail Runners magazine today and began reading about crazy people who run 50 or 100 miles up mountains. The really strange thing - I began looking for similar trails for me to train on! "Hello, do I know you??? You resemble a sane womyn I once knew!"

I also signed up my girls for dance classes today...they're both in Ballet and Jazz. Gabe tried it last year - but wasn't impressed. (also...can't really follow directions that well yet)We go to this great dance studio in Easton called "Dance Harrison Street". It's my third year there - and I'm continually impressed by the quality of the instruction and the choreography. Kathryn's really into it - and wants to be a ballerina. I'm not sure they have 6 foot ballerina's - but she's certainly graceful enough.

John's loading his truck - he and a buddy are leaving at 3:30 am for a Metric Century Bike Ride in Lancaster, PA. He's really excited - he hasn't done anything like this before. I bought him quite a few gels (and a spare inner tube) this morning. I haven't tried the gels - haven't really run far enough to need them yet. I'll have to start soon though - apparently it's NOT a good idea to save them for race day!

Have a peaceful Sunday!

Oh yeah....in case you were wondering....the septic guys WERE delightful....and quite needed. {{{SMILE}}} I can now wash and flush with the best of them. John's still not convinced, however. (but he did all the laundry while I was running - so I'm going to have to keep him!)

1 comment:

Wes said...

Yea, we get pains in all kinds of strange places now, don't we ;-)