Saturday, August 26, 2006

Wait for it....

I walked/jogged 5.75 miles today! Wahoo!!! This was our group run - but I was the only non-walker. Worked out great, because our trainer, Harlan Eagle, just ran with me! I started w/ walk/jog ratios of 1:3, and ended up with 2.5:2.5. (that means I jogged 2.5 minutes, then walked 2.5 minutes. I even sprinted the last bit! (well - I started to sprint, felt great, and then my heart decided I was being a bit stupid and reminded me to take it slow by trying to jump out of my throat!)

We did all of our stretching back at The Wellness Center, then I left to do my crazy Saturday grocery run. Crazy because sane people know better than to shop on Saturday!

I still feel good - though I'm tired. And it's evening - so the kids are acting wild and crazy. The nighttime frenzies just started a week or so ago - and I am SO ready for them to be over!!!

I went 5.75 miles...wow!!!!!!

1 comment:

Wes said...

That is fantastic. The Run/Walk cycle is a big deal for those of us just starting out, and I know people that have qualified for Boston(!!) doing the Run 1 mile/Walk 1 minute cycle. Tremendous! Fantastic! Great run!!!!