Friday, August 18, 2006

Of ships and sails and septic tanks...

This STINKS! Literally. I'm waiting for the lovely Mr. Rooter and his delightful septic cleaning devices. Actually, I have no clue if Rooter and crew are delightful or not - but I'm anticipating being able to do mountains of laundry, bathe three stinky children, and flush a toilet without praying. My husband, of the engineering/coding mindset, believes that a properly installed septic system should never require maintenance. The rest of the civilized world, it seems, believes otherwise. After yelling at my four year old this morning - for FLUSHING the toilet (usually yelling at him for NOT flushing) I gave up and made the call. Now I'm hoping that Mr. Rooter finds the septic system in desperate need of attention - or they'll be no living with my husband - who still thinks he can fix this. Oiy.

I did my 30 minutes on the treadmill this morning - only interrupted three times. Not too bad! I have my long group run tomorrow - I think it's 4 miles. The more active I become, the less my heart arythmia has been acting up. Too cool!

I also have Summerfest today and tomorrow - Denton's summer festival. I'm helping man the Mid-Shore Adult Education booth. Supposed to help set up - I hope Mr. Rooter arrives soon!

Ugh! My children are eating coffee beans! Isn't that bizarre? I'm a coffee lover/fanatic from waaay back (and usually take it without cream and sugar) - so when they started munching away on the beans as toddlers I eagerly joined in. DISGUSTING! Definitely needs to be chocolate covered! They love them. All three kids. Weirdos.

Please remember to check out my cancer webpage: www.firstgiving.com/neversettle

Thanks!

1 comment:

Wes said...

The first thing you need to know about men, is we can fix anything. All we need is the right size hammer...

Enjoy your long run, and that's great news on the arythmia.